Becky R. Diel is an associate attorney with the firm. Her practice focuses on civil litigation, employment law, land use, and family law.
Ms. Diel graduated from the University of California at Santa Barbara in 2010 with a B.A. in English and Classical Archaeology. In 2014, she earned her Juris Doctor with distinction from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law and was admitted into the Traynor Honor Society. While in law school, Ms. Diel served as an editor on the McGeorge Law Review and as a student associate at the Elder & Health Law Clinic. Ms. Diel was admitted to practice law in 2014. A native of Sacramento, Ms. Diel now calls Stockton home.
Prior to joining Shore, McKinley, Conger & Jolley, LLP, Ms. Diel worked as a law clerk for Union Pacific Railroad in Roseville and as an associate attorney at a local civil litigation firm in Stockton. Ms. Diel is an active member of the San Joaquin County Bar Association and sits on the executive committees for the Women Lawyers Section and Young Lawyers Section. She recently joined the Board of Directors for the Child Abuse Prevention Council.
Areas of Practice
- Land Use
- Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- California, 2014
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, California
- Juris Doctor – 2014
- McGeorge Law Review: Staff Writer and Comment Editor, 2012-2014
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
- Majors: English and Classical Archaeology
- Derailed: The Locomotive Inspection Ace and the Need to Extend the Field Preemption, McGeorge Law Review, Volume 45 Issue 4;
- Mentoring: Observations from the Bottom, The Bencher, March 2015;
- Be Mentored, Across the Bar, September 2016;
- Saving the American Dream: The Powerful Undue Influence Presumption in Litigating Financial Elder Abuse Cases, Plaintiff Magazine, November 2016.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- San Joaquin County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Executive Committee
- Young Lawyers Executive Committee
- Consuelo M. Callahan Inn of Court
- Child Abuse Prevention Council, Board Member
- Leadership Stockton Alumni Association, Class of 2016