John Richard Conger Jr. is a lawyer with more than 20 years of diverse, in-depth experience in protecting and furthering the rights of those he represents at our Stockton, CA, law firm. He began his career handling insurance defense matters. After seven years working with insurance companies to defend their insureds, he joined what was Brown, Hall, Shore & McKinley.
Since joining the firm in 1999, he has focused all of his efforts on representing individuals and private businesses. Many of his clients have been with him for over a decade. John has successfully represented people severely injured in motor vehicle accidents, or by defective products, or by the negligence of professionals. He has successfully defended and prosecuted cases for clients involving numerous business and real estate agreements and transactions.
Benefit from John's Experience and Insight
John has the experience and insight to evaluate and navigate our legal landscape as needed to reach the most favorable, timely and economical resolution possible for his clients, be they corporations, sole proprietors, or individuals. In doing so, he has successfully handled cases in both state and federal court. He has resolved cases through arbitration. He has resolved cases through mediation and classic negotiation.
Moreover, clients don’t only come to him to handle the defense of prosecution of their claims, they come to him for his advisory and risk management capabilities including his ability to reduce exposure to and avoid litigation. Through defending and prosecuting such a variety of cases, John has developed the ability to recognize the pitfalls and/or advantages presented by various legal situations. With this insight, clients can make better-informed decisions that minimize risks and capitalize on opportunities associated with any particular course of action.
John has the experience and insight to evaluate and navigate our legal landscape...to reach the most favorable, timely and economical resolution possible for his clients...
John is reserved, forthright and competitive. He is not prone to bravado, preferring to serve his clients and make their case with action. He is sensitive to the fact that legal matters are stressful and expensive and does everything that he can to manage those issues for his clients. As the first and foremost step in that process, he communicates with his clients so that they know where they and their case stand at all times.
Areas of Practice
- 70% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: Member and Board Member, Moot Court, 1991-1993
- University of California, Berkeley, California
- B.S. - 1987
- P. Gill Obstetrics & Gynecology Medical Group, Inc
- BDA Sports Management
- Stockton Ports Baseball Team
- Alpinestars USA
- Philip J. Orisek, M.D., Inc.
- Hot Line Construction
Honors and Awards
- AV Peer Review Rated for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability--Martindale Hubble
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Joaquin County Bar Association, Member, Board of Governors, 2002 - 2005
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- North Stockton Rotary
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Patricia Tweedy, Associate, 1994 - 1997
- Diehl Steinheimer Riggio Mordaunt & Kelly, Associate, 1997 - 1998
- Kerr & Conger, Partner, 1998 - 1999
Pro Bono Activities
- YMCA--volunteer and supporter
- Sunset Little League--volunteer and supporter
- San Joaquin County Center For The Blind
- North Stockton Rotary Member
- School Site Council Member at Mable Barron School
- Phi Kappa Psi
Contact Shore, McKinley & Conger
If you want to schedule a personal consultation with attorney John Richard Conger, please call us at (209) 477-8171 or send us a message online.