In today's complex and highly regulated land use development environment, landowners, stakeholders, and public agencies deserve trustworthy and reliable legal counsel. An experienced real estate lawyer can provide comprehensive counsel including permitting, litigation, and appellate services for your land use and real estate development needs. From early-stage pre-approval planning and due diligence to defending entitlements in the courts and every step in between, the attorneys at Shore, McKinley, Conger & Jolley, LLP in Stockton, CA, stand ready to guide you on your land use issues in the state of California.
How Can an Attorney Assist with Development and Land Use?
Our firm has built long-standing, productive relationships with developers, stakeholders, government officials, and environmental experts, which relationships allow us to competently and skillfully address our clients' specific land use needs. Whether you seek assistance obtaining a use permit for a small business, opposing the approval of an undesirable use in your neighborhood, or processing entitlements for a large-scale master-planned-community project, our land use lawyers are exceptionally equipped to help you.
Aspects of Land Use Law
Our attorneys represent business owners, developers, trade associations, non-profits, land owners, community groups, and public agencies in all aspects of land use and environmental law including:
- Permits and entitlements such as use permits and variances, subdivision maps, development agreements, specific plans, zoning changes, and general plan amendments as well as land use due diligence and obtaining zoning compliance letters.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating all types of real estate agreements, including purchase and sale agreements, ground leases, and commercial leases.
- Legislative actions by local government such as ordinance amendments, as well as initiatives and referenda.
- Appearing on behalf of clients and helping them develop strategies for administrative hearings before planning commissions, city councils, and county boards of supervisors.
- Agency and district formations, boundary changes, annexations, and detachments and oversight by Local Agency Formations Commissions ("LAFCo"s)
- Environmental impact assessment, mitigation, and compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act ("CEQA") and the National Environmental Policy Act ("NEPA").
- Land use litigation and appeals, including defending and challenging government decisions through the judicial process.
- The Eminent Domain process, including representing clients opposing an agency's plan to acquire the client's property, ensuring that a land owner receives just compensation when his or her property is acquired by the government, and ensuring that the government complies with the law in acquiring private property through eminent domain.
No matter what your land use issues may be, our accomplished legal team has the perspective and resources to help you handle your matter effectively. In addition to our experience within the field of land use law, we have complementary strengths in wealth and estate planning, business planning, litigation, family law, and appellate advocacy.
An experienced real estate lawyer can provide comprehensive counsel including permitting, litigation, and appellate services for your land use and real estate development needs.
The Value of a Trusted Real Estate Lawyer
Real estate development and land use matters can be trying on an individual or organization. It is important to ensure that your attorney has your interests at the forefront of their strategy and will apply their knowledge and experience to help you achieve the best outcome possible. To speak with a land use attorney who will understand your unique property development goals and work diligently to achieve them, please contact us online or by phone at (209) 477-8171 to schedule a consultation.