When safety measures are not implemented properly, construction accidents can cause serious and costly injuries. A personal injury lawsuit can help you obtain damages for medical bills and other expenses. A construction accidents attorney at one of our Stockton, CA-area locations can gather pertinent evidence and file a claim on your behalf. Your attorney can determine the causes of your accident and identify all responsible parties. In addition to helping you rebuild your life following an injury, we can help to prevent similar accidents in the future.
The Dangers of a Construction Site
Construction workers face many dangers on the job. Significant heights, heavy machinery, and general daily work strain can pose significant risks. Common construction site injuries include:
- Slip and falls
- Cement burns
- Injuries from falling objects
- Falls from scaffolding
- Injuries resulting from a collapsed building or trench
- Other harm related to machinery or equipment
- Exhaustion, heatstroke, and overexertion
Your Rights as a Construction Worker
Construction employers are required to take certain precautions on site. These include:
- The use of harnesses when working on scaffolds
- Wearing helmets
- Abiding by regulations for building weight-bearing scaffolds
- Using proper ladders for specific tasks
- Maintaining clear stairways and walkways
- Meeting specifications for the construction and maintenance of trenches
- Complete and appropriate training
- Upholding the right of workers to report unsafe conditions
- Making full disclosure of all hazardous equipment and materials on site
Filing a Construction Accident Lawsuit
If you or a loved one experienced a serious accident on a construction site, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. To have a viable legal claim, you must be able to prove that your working environment was unsafe in some way. If there was a violation of any safety protocol, you may be entitled to compensation. These funds can cover:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- The cost of ongoing physical therapy
- The cost of living if you are permanently out of work
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses if wrongful death occurs
In a construction accident claim, a number of parties may be held legally responsible:
- The site owner
- The engineer
- The site manager
- A general contractor or subcontractor
- An equipment manufacturer
Your attorney will conduct a complete investigation of your case. He or she will examine the site itself or photos of the scene. Your lawyer will also consider medical records and eyewitness testimony. In this way, we can determine exactly who is liable for your accident.
Why Consult Shore, McKinley, and Conger?
Construction accident cases can be complex, and choosing the right attorney is essential. At Shore, McKinley, and Conger, we have helped many victims of construction accidents. We prefer to settle through out-of-court negotiation whenever possible. However, we are not afraid to go to court if necessary. At the same time, we offer compassionate and respectful representation. We understand that a construction accident can be devastating. We will handle all aspects of your case, allowing you to focus on healing.
Contact Our Law Firm Today
If you or your family is suffering after a construction site accident, contact our firm as soon as possible. With timely action, you are more likely to recover the full amount of compensation to which you are entitled.